Lady Gwynne Thompson (1928 - 1986) primary teacher of
N.E.C.T.W. In "Green Egg" #69, Lady Gwen (aka Lady Gwynne) Thompson
attributed our Traditionís version of the Rede to Adriana Porter, her
paternal grandmother, who crossed over into the Summerland in 1946.
|The Wiccan Rede
Being known as the counsel of the Wise Ones:
This version of the Rede has appeared in many publications, on various sites and in many stores in a frame
for purchase by those who follow Wiccan values. These printed versions come from The Green Egg where it was first
published by Lady Gwynne. There have been only a few instances when the name of Lady Gwynne has been mentioned.
- Bide the Wiccan Laws ye must In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust.
- Live aní let live - Fairly take aní fairly give.
- Cast the Circle thrice about To keep all evil spirits out.
- To bind the spell every time - Let the spell be spake in rhyme.
- Soft of eye aní light of touch - Speak little, listen much.
- Deosil go by the waxing Moon - Sing and dance the Wiccan rune.
- Widdershins go when the Moon doth wane, Aní the Werewolf howls by the dread Wolfsbane.
- When the Ladyís Moon is new, Kiss thy hand to Her times two.
- When the Moon rides at Her peak Then your heartís desire seek.
- Heed the Northwindís mighty gale - Lock the door and drop the sail.
- When the wind comes from the South, Love will kiss thee on the mouth.
- When the wind blows from the East, Expect the new and set the feast.
- When the West wind blows oíer thee, Departed spirits restless be.
- Nine woods in the Cauldron go - Burn them quick aní burn them slow.
- Elder be ye Ladyís tree - Burn it not or cursed yeíll be.
- When the Wheel begins to turn - Let the Beltane fires burn.
- When the Wheel has turned a Yule, Light the Log aní let Pan rule.
- Heed ye flower bush aní tree - By the Lady BlessŤd Be.
- Where the rippling waters go Cast a stone aní truth yeíll know.
- When ye have need, Hearken not to others greed.
- With the fool no season spend Or be counted as his friend.
- Merry meet aní merry part - Bright the cheeks aní warm the heart.
- Mind the Threefold Law ye should - Three times bad aní three times good.
- When misfortune is enow, Wear the Blue Star on thy brow.
- True in love ever be Unless thy loverís false to thee.
- Eight words ye Wiccan Rede fulfill - Aní it harm none, Do what ye will.
Lady Gwynne gave this rede to the universe and for this and everything else she
gave us, we honor her and carry on her Tradition.